COVID-19: BUSINESS RESOURCES
Have questions about resources during COVID-19? We've got answers!
The icareatogether.com website is a hub of employer, employee, and community resources — all of which were curated to serve the Iowa City area's businesses and community members during this unprecedented time. This site is a collaboration of the Iowa City Area Business Partnership, the Iowa City Downtown District, Think Iowa City and the Iowa City Area Development Group.
We're In This Together! Please go to icareatogether.com for more information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or specific needs.
3.27.20: House passes the CARES Act - $2 Trillion Aid Package
- The economic relief bill provides help to individuals, businesses, hospitals, as well as state and local governments. HERE are the details.
3.26.20: The CARES Act. The U.S. Senate on March 25 passed a $2 trillion disaster relief and economic stimulus plan to help combat the effects of COVID-19, called the CARES Act.
- This now moves to the House of Representatives, where a vote is expected March 27. President Trump already has indicated his intention to sign the legislation. Click HERE for more details included in the proposal.
- This program will provide financial assistance to small businesses that have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The dual application will be available on the Iowa Economic Development site on Tuesday, March 24, at 8 a.m. The application deadline is Tuesday, March 31, at 12 p.m. Click HERE for more information.
3.20.20: Iowa Small Businesses Can Apply for COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Loans Through the Small Business Administration.
- The federal government has announced that Iowa has received an economic injury disaster declaration through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Small business owners in Johnson County are now eligible to apply for a low-interest loan due to the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click HERE for more information. FAQs. WEBINAR (3-25-20) VIEW our webinar discussion.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act is Now Law: Click HERE for an update from Suttleworth & Ingersoll Attorneys at Law WEBINAR (3-24-20): VIEW our webinar discussion.
HR RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
Unemployment: Click HERE to learn more about how to file unemployment insurance claims.
Iowa Workforce Development: Employer Webinar (March 17th) - reviews unemployment insurance guidelines during COVID-19. View here: https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/employer-webinar-unemployment-insurance-during-covid-19
- Iowa Work Force Development - Information for employees filing for unemployment insurance claims, as well as information on programs available for employers. Also includes Webinar and Hotline sources.
- Society for Human Resource Management – Latest News section has free articles
- US Department of Labor - Wage and Hour Division provides information on common issues employers and employees face
FUNDING RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
- Governor Reynolds announces assistance for employees and employers affected by COVID-19 related layoffs
- Community Foundation of Johnson County activates Emergency Response Fund for nonprofits working with disproportionately impacted communities
- U.S. Small Business Administration providing low-interest loans for small businesses and non-profits severely impacted by COVID-1
INFORMATION RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
- Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE)
- US Chamber of Commerce
- US Department of Labor
- US Small Business Administration
- CDC Guidance for Businesses
The following resources can help you stay up-to-date on the latest developments with COVID-19: