2020 Innovation in Education Awards
March 06, 2020 at 12:00 PM
The 2020 Innovation in Education awards, jointly presented by the Iowa City Area Business Partnership and the Iowa City Area Development Group, honor educators, students, and classroom programs that model the future of K-12 education.
We are seeking nominations for 8 awards this year. Please feel free to submit nominations for as many different awards as you’d like! Nominations close Friday, April 10.
The award categories are:
- Student Excellence Award - Recognizes a student for their achievements and efforts to exceed expectations in their studies during the 2019-20 school year.
- Impact Award - The Impact Award is given to a school group that embraces three core goals: to inspire, innovate, and achieve.
- Inspire Award - The Inspire Award is given to a teacher that inspires, excites, and influences students to learn through exceptional, unprecedented or extraordinary programs and/or creates an innovative, future-focused classroom.
- Spark Award - The Spark Award is given to an administrator who goes above and beyond what is expected in order to create a learning environment where all students have a chance to succeed, and all instructors feel the freedom to innovate.
- Creative Collaboration Award - The Creative Collaboration Award showcases a business, nonprofit or community group that partners creatively in a program that facilitates enhanced teaching and learning and has an overall impact on student performance.
- Volunteer of the Year - The Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has made a significant and lasting impact on a program or classroom.
- Administrative/Support Staff Excellence - The Administrative/Support Staff Excellence Award recognizes the exemplary service of a dedicated administrative assistant or employee who fosters a positive learning environment at his/her school.
- STEM Innovator – This award showcases the creative innovations of a program that facilitate enhanced problem-based teaching and learning. Recipients of this award must have completed STEM Innovator training through the University of Iowa Jacobson Institute.
Nominations close Friday, April 10.
Thank you to Midwest Dental for being the Lead Sponsor of this community event!