As employers and working parents try to navigate back-to-school plans and balance their children’s education with their own work schedules, the Business Partnership is here to help.
If an employee identifies child care as an issue, employers can direct them to these regional resources:
- Referrals to childcare providers:
- CCR&R https://iowaccrr.org/families/ OR 855-244-5301 OR email@example.com (Child Care Resource and Referral of Southeast Iowa at Community Action of Eastern Iowa)
- Financial aid for childcare:
- Apply online at https://dhs.iowa.gov/child-care
- United Way of Johnson County
- Dial 2-1-1 or https://www.unitedwayjwc.org/ OR (319) 338-7823 for assistance with childcare, food, rent, utility assistance or other health and human service needs.
What if an employee cannot find quality, reliable care?
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires employers to pay qualified family leave wages to employees who are unable to work because they are caring for a child whose school, place of care or provider is closed or unavailable due to COVID-19.
Learn more about paid family leave under the FFCRA:
Back-to-school plans in Johnson County
Below are links to area school districts’ back-to-school plans:
- ICCSD – https://www.iowacityschools.org/ReturnToLearn
- CCA – https://www.ccaschools.org/domain/3479
- Solon School District – https://www.solon.k12.ia.us/article/275336?org=solon-csd
- Regina – https://regina.org/covid/