One of the reasons that businesses join the Business Partnership is to get more involved in our community. Get connected to the people, opportunities and businesses that can make a difference for you!
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Our premier leadership program was created in 1990 and was formed to foster informed, well-equipped invested leaders. Through the program’s life, more than 650 current and future leaders have gained insight into the issues, opportunities, strengths and challenges within our community.
This appointed professional development group meets once a month during the academic year for day-long sessions to gain insight into the issues opportunities, strengthens, and challenges within the Iowa City area.
Application process occurs every year in June!
“I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in today if it weren’t for the Community Leadership Program, in terms of the knowledge it has given me and the connections I’ve made that have helped me to get here. It’s a program that is very close to my heart.”
Business Partnership President and CEO
Description: Learn More About Membership / Virtual Event
Business Partnership Members Only / Free to Attend
Join our staff for a one-hour session created specifically for our members! Learn how you can leverage the Business Partnership to get the resources you need, and help your business grow.
Who Should Attend?:
- Business Owner
- President / CEO
- Sales & Marketing
- Office Manager
- Human Resources
- Hear about Business Partnership programs and events to help build your network
- Learn about resources and tools to help you guide and grow your business
- Learn how to use our Member Portal to reap the benefits of membership. Update your business directory listing, find opportunities to promote your news and events, gain business introductions and more
- Get connected to promotions and advertising opportunities that get your message out to targeted audiences
- Take advantage of members-only savings discounts through our Partner Perks
Description: Connect with Your Peers / Virtual Event
Launched in 2020, our Peer2Peer groups connect our member businesses or individuals with other industry peers to share best practices, new techniques, and visionary solutions. Joining a Peer2Peer group allows you to network in a smaller group, and gain the ideas, inspiration and support to keep you on top of your business.
Leveraging our region’s assets and solving common challenges, these groups will be self-managed by members and facilitated by the Business Partnership.
Our current Peer Groups include the following:
- Accounting / Finance
Become a Business Partnership Ambassador and help us tell our story. As an Ambassador, you will lead the charge on representing the Business Partnership at various events and business initiatives. While sharing your enthusiasm for the Partnership, you’ll also be supporting small businesses and increasing your business contacts throughout the community. Ambassadors, each from a different member organization, celebrate member ribbon cuttings and ground breaking ceremonies, honor long-standing members in the community, recruit new Business Partnership members and volunteer at events.
Call (319) 337-9637 to learn more. Applications are accepted biannually.
- Referral Exchange connects non-competing Business Partnership member businesses for the sole purpose of sharing leads, referrals, tips, information and advice that directly support their ability to drive business.
Currently two Referral Exchange groups operate:
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 7:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
You can make a difference in the community. Connect with the people, opportunities, and businesses that can make it happen!