Small businesses become members of the Iowa City Area Business Partnership to increase exposure and gain new customers. We’re committed to helping small, locally owned businesses grow and thrive in our community.
Our list of small business resources provides information from starting a business and mentoring, to funding and best practices.
- East Central Iowa SCORE – Small Business Mentoring
- Iowa Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Educational resources and counseling
- University of Iowa: John Pappajohn Entreprenuerial Center – Programs for startups and businesses
- SBA – Small Business Administration
- SBA Learning Center – Offers a variety of online courses to help you start and run your business
- Iowa Department of Revenue: Starting a Business – Register for state taxes
- How to Start a Business in Iowa – Chamber of Commerce resources
- Iowa Center for Economic Success – Provides support in education, capital, and networking
- Iowa Economic Development: Targeted Small Business Program – Designed to help women, minorities and disabled veterans with starting their own business
- The Balance Small Business – Makes launching and managing your own business easy
- Resources for Entrepreneurs – Pitch your newest idea, or get your business off the ground with MERGE and the Iowa City Area Development Group.
- 2019 State of Women-Owned Business Report – This report commissioned by American Express summaries national trends on women entrepreneurs.
- SBA Women’s Business Resources – Whether you are a woman interested in starting a business, applying for a business loan, or improving an existing business, this page is a great reference.